Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Arts

Woman Horrified After Biting Into Huge Spider in McDonald’s Wrap

Nightmare at McDonalds (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)

On January 19, Katie Moss, 21, ordered a chicken and bacon wrap, chips and 99p burger from McDonald’s for her lunch on JustEat.

However, after eating three quarters of the wrap, Katie made a horrifying discovery.

She says she bit into something very ‘hard’ and on closer inspection found it was a spider.

Despite being offered a refund and replacement voucher, the care assistant said she will not use it and will never order from McDonald’s again.

The fast food chain has apologised and are investigating the foreign item and how it got into her wrap.

They suspect it could have originated from a bag of fresh lettuce.

Katie was understandably horrified (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)

‘I ordered it for lunch because we didn’t have much in and I just fancied a McDonald’s,’ says Katie who hails from Winsford, Cheshire.

‘I was three quarters of the way through it and I felt something hard in my mouth.

‘At first I thought it was the end of a tomato so I pulled it out and at first I thought it was just part of the chicken but when I looked closer, I thought it was a crab then I realised it was a spider.

‘I spat the rest out but I had bitten into it. I was disgusted, I felt like throwing up. It was all curled up.’

Katie was shocked at the size of the spider and notes that it didn’t look anything like your run of the mill house creature.

‘I wouldn’t have minded if it was a small one but it was huge,’ she explains.

Katie is not satisfied with the response in the aftermath (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)

‘It didn’t taste of anything at the time but afterwards there was an off taste in my mouth, which could have been my imagination.

‘I would have preferred to have just not known it was in there and that I’d eaten it.

‘I know people say you swallow about eight spiders in your life time but at least you don’t know you’re swallowing them.’

The meal cost £11.40 in total but Katie says it has traumatised her and is ruling out future visits and takeaways in general.

‘I’m paranoid as well,’ she says. ‘I’m examining everything I eat now including things I’ve cooked and it’s put me off all takeaways.

‘I couldn’t even drink the coke after.’

Despite contacting JustEat and McDonald’s and being offered a refund and voucher, Katie is still dissatisfied.

‘They got back to me saying they couldn’t come to a conclusion on how the spider got into the wrap,’ she claims. ‘Who in their right mind would put a spider in a wrap?

‘I’m not going to eat there again, so a voucher isn’t much good to me. I want proper compensation.’

More: Food

In response, a McDonald’s spokesperson said: ‘Food safety is of the utmost importance to us. We place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections, so we are sorry to hear of this customer’s experience.

‘As soon as this was brought to the attention of the restaurant, the customer was apologised to and offered both a refund and replacement meal.

‘The customer has also returned the item in question which will enable us to investigate further.

‘We understand the customer has been liaising with our Customer Services Team too, who are helping to find a resolution.’

Do you have a story to share?

Send us an email at metrolifestyleteam@metro.co.uk


MORE : Can my dog eat..? From avocado to chocolate, a list of foods you shouldn’t give to dogs


MORE : Greggs worker fired after exposing ‘mountains of food binned every day’


MORE : Mum shares how she spends just £50 a month on food for her entire family

Original Post: metro.co.uk

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like

ONBP.com